27 December 2010

After Christmas Party 2010

Time to post pictures from last night's After Christmas Party! While I didn't end up using the Peppermint theme I posted last week, I think it's safe to say that the party was a success. We had sparkling cider, champagne, and plenty of appetizers to go around. (My favorite was Melissa B's marinated sausages. They smelled just like barbecue baked beans. Yum!) 

SETTING THE SCENE...

TRUE STORY: Every year since I was about 14 or 15, I've been doing ALL of the Christmas decorating myself. And when I say all, I really mean EVERYTHING. "Because you do it so much better!" my mom says. Thankfully my boyfriend Lucas helped me this year.



Does this look familiar? It's the rarely used couch that we took pictures on last year.



I decided to be creative/different this year and wrap all of my presents in black and white. Lucas poked fun at my wrapping because "those aren't Christmas colors!"



But the glittery silver stars sure are festive, aren't they? I think this will be my signature Christmas wrapping from now on...whether it's traditional or not. :)

NOW ON TO THE FESTIVITIES!

[me and Lucas] 

Does he look good in a black shirt or what? I don't know why, but those shoes totally make the outfit...

And I don't think my outfit was too bad either. I gave up on trying to find a perfect red dress. (Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a reasonably priced red dress just days before Christmas?)

[Kathy and Abe] 

This might be just about the cutest picture I have ever seen.

[Ruth and Vasily]

This one is pretty high up on the cuteness scale too.

[The Group]

Abe, Melissa, Ruth, Vasily, me, Lucas, Saneeya, Kathy, Yvonne, Faustina, & Maggie

Sometimes I feel like I should be 30 instead of 21 going on 22, just because I would rather throw a cocktail or dinner party than have people over for beer pong and shots...or whatever it is that most college kids do. :) I consider last night to be practice for when I am 30.

Regardless though, I'm glad I got to spend this evening with my closest friends (the ones who could be there at least).


...and that's something anyone can appreciate,
whether they're 15, 21, 30, or 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...