Well, enough of my babbling, here are the five things that I'm looking forward to wearing this summer:
1) The Little White Dress - Here's a summery alternative to the classic little black dress. Paired with a colorful cardigan, these would be perfect for brunch with your best friend. These dresses could also be dressed up for nighttime with metallic heels and jewelry. And for those nights when it's too cold to go out with bare legs, black tights would look amazing under these dresses.
2) Maxi Dresses - I used to think these wouldn't be flattering on me because I'm so short. However, I've discovered that it is actually possible to wear a maxi dress even if you're under 5'4" IF you 1) wear some kind of heel or wedge, 2) choose a dress that isn't too voluminous, and 3) wear a belt to define your waistline. These dresses are great for trying out the 70's trend that's supposed to be really big for this summer.
3) Coral - I'm not usually a fan of orange, but I love this pinkish shade of orange.This color would look very pretty paired with white (perfect for the beach!) Add aqua to the mix and you'll have a perfect retro-inspired color palette.
4) Vintage-Inspired Swimsuits - Not only are these swimsuits amazingly glamorous, but they also tend to be more figure-flattering for curvy girls. I would love to try out a high waisted swimsuit, but I'd be worried about the weird tan line I'd get. :)
5) Floral Prints - I will always love floral prints, no matter what the season is. That being said, floral prints are especially beautiful in the late spring and summer, when the sun is shining and it's warm enough to wear sundresses and sandals. :)