I did my nails last night. At first, I thought of painting them a bright, summery color (coral, anyone?), but then I thought, "Why not try something sparkly?" I was totally inspired by Pugly Pixel's glitter tape tutorial and I figured it would be a great concept to apply to my nails. After all, glitter is always a good idea.
What I Used:
- Gold Nail Polish (Revlon Metallic nail polish in Gold Coin, from Rite Aid)
- Clear Nail Polish (Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, from Rite Aid)
- Extra-Fine Glitter (Tulip Fashion Glitter from Michaels craft store)
- Cut/shape your nails as usual. I recommend cleaning them with nail polish remover, even if you don't have any old polish on. This helps the new color stay on better.
- Apply one coat of gold nail polish. Don't worry if it isn't perfect; it'll be covered!
- While the gold nail polish is still wet, cover the entire nail with lots of glitter. Be sure to hold your hand over a bowl or a plate to avoid making a huge mess!
- Flip your hand upside down and tap off any excess - again, make sure to keep your hand over the bowl or plate.
- Repeat with each finger on one hand. Allow to dry.
- Apply two coats of clear nail polish to seal the glitter. Allow to dry. Tip: Wipe off the nail polish applicator on a clean sheet of paper to remove any glitter that may stick to it. Otherwise, it'll end up in the bottle!
- Repeat on other hand.
- Admire your new sparkly nails!
I apologize for not taking any pictures of the process. It would have been pretty hard to take pictures and paint my nails at the same time. :)