29 September 2011

Awkward and Awesome 9.29.11


Awkward:
  • Mondays usually suck because I have really long break in between my two classes (12:45-5:30). It wasn't too awkward this week though, because I decided to go shopping.
  • Trying on fascinators and birdcage veils is always great...except when there's a seven year old girl competing with you for mirror space. I'm not sure why, but little girls wearing birdcage veils really creep me out.
  • As much as I love my romper from my last Style Post, having to strip just to use the restroom was a little weird.
  • I completely spazzed out when I thought I had walked into a spider web. Turns out, it was just a single strand of hair on my face. And yes, people stared.
  • Add this to the list of ways Starbucks baristas have misspelled my name: G-A-E-L.

Awesome:
  • I found a gorgeous faux fur stole in the most amazing shade of burgundy at the mall. I can't wait until it gets cold enough to wear it.
  • The best lunch I had all week: grilled cheese with tomato slices on dill rye bread, courtesy of Luke's brother.
  • Simple pleasures: snuggling with my boyfriend while watching classic Looney Tunes cartoons.
  • I'm super excited because it's almost time for knee high socks and leg warmers!
  • My city's annual carnival is this weekend. I'm convinced that my old marching band's booth sells the best funnel cakes ever...not that I'm biased or anything. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...