26 November 2011

Style Post - Thanksgiving Edition


My family doesn't usually do anything special for Thanksgiving since one or both of my parents usually work on that day. Luckily for me, my boyfriend Lucas' grandparents were kind enough to invite me to join them for their family Thanksgiving dinner this year. As you can see, I definitely took my own advice about wearing something Thanksgiving meal-friendly. In case you are wondering, yes, I am wearing a dress made out of burlap. Trust me, it was a lot more comfortable than it probably looks. Most importantly, it left plenty of room for a tummy full of turkey and mashed potatoes. :)



I absolutely love Luke's grandparents' backyard. Like the rest of their house, it has tons of vintage objects and curiosities, like that old Radio Flyer wagon in the background. (His grandpa even has an Angels baseball pennant from the 1970s hanging in the garage!) And how is this for awesome...In this picture, I'm standing underneath a tree house!


Burlap and Lace Dress: She's Haute. Sweater: Abercrombie and Fitch. Leggings: DKNY. Basket Purse: vintage (from Etsy seller whichgoose). Jeweled Flats: Jeffrey Campbell.



Random Android camera photos:

I took this picture of Luke while I was fiddlefarting with the Retro Camera app on my phone. I love how this photo turned out. The grittiness of it goes so well with his outfit, don't you think?


I absolutely loved these cute duck statues on the front porch. They represent Luke's grandmother and all of her grandchildren. :)


Here is a picture I took of Luke and two of his brothers, Zack and Jerod. I call this photo "The Three Wise Men." However, I suppose "Wise Guys" would be a more fitting title. Haha.

This is the chandelier that hangs above the dining table. The mini lampshades are so pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Hi lovely,
    I totally love this outfit!!You look so pretty;) I love your dress
    I just found your blog,it's very cute.I added to your followers!Follow back?:)
    Have a great week
    Xoxo
    Mary
    Fashion tea at 5

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...