::sigh:: You know what? I really need a makeover. I'm not talking about a fashion or beauty makeover. No, what I really need is a blog makeover. This time, I don't think I'll be content with just changing my background or changing the fonts on my page or any other subtle changes. I really do mean blog makeover.
Why, you ask?
1) I'm starting to strongly dislike my blog's name. To be honest, I never really gave it much thought when I first started blogging. "Pen&Ink" was the first name I came up with, partly because it matched my first blog post. I guess I was just so excited about starting a blog that I didn't bother to really think through the naming process. I actually had thought about changing it before, but as you can see, 52 followers later, I never quite got around to it. So now I suppose you're wondering why I dislike my blog name now. Well...
- It's way too common. I've found so many blogs with the name Pen & Ink, Pen and Ink, and other variations. And along that line...
- My url doesn't match my blog name. Just about every version of my blog name was taken.
- It sounds way too vanilla to me. Maybe I am over thinking this, but I want a name that grabs attention. Sorry, but Pen&Ink just doesn't sparkle to me anymore.
2) I'm getting bored with my blog's colors. Don't get me wrong, I still love teal...but it's not my favorite color. After the makeover, I want my blog to be pink and green. It makes sense, right? Not only are those my two favorite colors, but they're also the colors that I wear most often.
So there you go: two reasons (plus three sub reasons) why I really want to give my blog a makeover. I'm still brainstorming possibilities for new names, but I already have some criteria for that too:
1) No more ampersands (or the word "and"). I have nothing against ampersands, but like I said, I'm ready for a change.
2) It should be unique. And that simply means I don't want to see a million results when I google that name. :)
3) It should be reflective of me and the things I love. Vintage and antique-inspired fashion, nature, and Jane Austen novels...I suppose that's a good place to start.
4) It must match the url! Self-explanatory.
5) It must be a name that I truly, 110% love. Because I promise I'm only going to make this big of a change once.
Wow. Can you tell that I've really thought this through? Haha. I'm sorry if this was a boring post. This was really more for me to organize my thoughts and plans for change. Happy Blogging, everyone!