01 July 2012

Pixel Me Pretty

My week in photos 6.18.12 - 6.30.12. See more of my Instagram photos here.


One of my favorite parts of summer is the abundance of bright, happy colors found in shops everywhere. While I normally prefer muted pastel colors, I just couldn't resist the statement making (and instantly happy making!) design of this Betsey Johnson bag. It has become my default bag for the summer and I carry it even when none of the colors on it are present in my outfits.


Speaking of bright colors, I've changed my mind. THIS is now my favorite photo I've taken using Instagram. Faustina and I were in the middle of one of our favorite pastimes: getting dolled up, of course! We were getting ready for a house party during which we may or may not have gotten a little tipsy. ;)


This is the headband that I wore the night of the house party. I know I've mentioned before that I hate neon colors and that I would never wear them. Well, obviously I now have to eat those words. I LOVE THIS HEADBAND. I love how fancy-but-not-too-fancy it looks and how its color brightens up my face. Now that I've gotten over my fear of neon accessories, what's next? Neon clothing? I'm not sure if I'm ready to go that far yet, but as always, we'll see! 


I'll let you all in on a little secret: I don't really like ice cream that much. I mean yes, I do like it, but I can't eat too much of it or else I'll feel sick. I definitely prefer lighter options like frozen yogurt and GELATO. Whole Foods Market always has delicious flavors of gelato. I actually had a hard time narrowing it down to just three flavors. 


Eventually, I decided on passion fruit, acai berry, and blackberry cabernet. Just don't ask me to tell you which one was my favorite flavor. All three were amazing!


This is an example of postal service failure. My best guy friend Mike is currently on a long backpacking trip in Europe and he sent me this postcard from Marseille, France...almost three weeks ago. And I just got it yesterday. And it arrived like this. With a huge chunk missing.


As one of my Instagram followers said though, "At least the text was intact!" :)


Here are the uncut Asian photo booth pictures that Faustina and I took yesterday. My favorite is the "RAWR" picture.


Although I refer to the smallish town that I live in as "The City That Always Sleeps", I have to admit that there are a few hidden gems in the other surrounding towns. Why yes, that is a movie theatre that only charges $2 for admission - and $1 on Tuesdays. This is perfect for date nights. More specifically, it's perfect for BESTFRIEND date nights!


Here is a picture of my feet as I was standing in line to buy my ticket. I know I haven't done a Style Post in forever. Not to worry though. I have tons of outfits that I'd love to share with all of you as soon as I get my camera back. Until then, I hope you all continue to enjoy my Instagram photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...