19 October 2012

Style Post 10.19.12


Let's talk about contrast, shall we? I usually only wear this sparkly statement necklace with dresses or dressy blouses, but today I was in the mood to add a little something special to my simple chambray and chiffon outfit. Isn't it funny how style decisions made on a whim can sometimes result in new favorite outfit combinations? Before now, I never would have thought to pair a chunky statement necklace with such a simple top.


While we're on the subject of contrast, I'll admit that I never thought I could wear pale pink and pale blue together - at least not without looking like I was attending a baby shower. I do rather like this combination of colors.




As you can see, my bangs have fully grown out. I've been wearing my hair off my face for the past month now, but I still haven't decided if I want to have bangs again. (I'd love to hear all of your opinions!)



This is what I wore this afternoon to go shopping. I plan on wearing this outfit tonight as well to go out for my mom's birthday dinner. :) 



Outfit Details:
Chambray Shirt: Fire Los Angeles. Gray Cami: Aeropostale. Pink Skirt: Free People. Statement Necklace: Sequin. Jelly Flats: Steve Madden. Bag: Juicy Couture.

3 comments:

  1. You are seriously gorgeous, Gayle! I love your feminine style and your skin! It's flawless. You are a total stunner :) xx
    P.S: What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Maria! Thank you for your kind words. I have far from flawless skin. It must be my makeup. ;) To answer your question, I use a Samsung DV300F.

      Delete
  2. Love your necklace and want your bag, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Adding you to my blogroll this second.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...