1) Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping? Well...yes and no. I always loved floral prints, lace, and other vintage-y, girly fashion even before starting my blog. The difference now though is that I tend to gravitate more towards lighter, pastel colors. My favorite colors to dress in before were dark, saturated shades; think burgundy, charcoal gray, and dark pink. And I always loved black lace! I don't know if it's because of the warmer seasons or just simple style evolution, but now I'm more drawn to pale pinks, mint green, and white or ivory lace. We'll see, maybe I'll start wearing darker colors again come fall.
2) Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that? It's not that apparent now, since a lot of people wear sundresses in the summer. :) But I definitely think I dress differently from everyone else in the winter time. I'll admit, winters in Southern California aren't that cold and a sweatshirt and jeans outfit will usually suffice. I prefer nice coats with scarves and cute matching gloves! And I seriously think I'm the only person living in SoCal who owns a pair of earmuffs. Haha. In general though, I guess I do dress differently from my friends. I don't really wear jeans that much anymore and I really do prefer looking a little dressier.
3) What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it? I'll wear anything as long as I like it, even if people think it's weird. I'm not trying to sound like total hipster, but I loved feather fascinators and veiled headpieces even before they started becoming popular. I remember being completely annoyed because I needed a black birdcage veil for a costume for my dance class. I couldn't find a single one in any of the stores I checked. The solution? I made my own using black tulle and a poof of black feathers that I found at Michaels. Flash forward a year later and Forever 21 and H&M have tons in stock. :) But I digress. The point is, I don't think you should limit yourself on what you wear just because you think not everyone will like it. Be bold and wear what you love!
4) Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? It's not a matter of building up courage as much as adding several inches to my height. I love the look of wide leg pants, both in basic black and fun candy colors. I absolutely LOVE these pants in mint green. Sadly, I know I would look stumpy in them, even with my highest heels. ::sigh::
5) Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices? Lately, I've been inspired by the two ladies of two birds, who always manage to create lots of cute outfits with unexpected pieces. I love their "Style Me" feature. Basically, they take a thrift store find (usually something so ugly that most people wouldn't even give it a second glance) and somehow style that piece to be part of a super cute outfit. I am in awe!