01 August 2011

The Giant Cow


A couple of days ago, Lucas and I managed to cross off one item on my summer list: go to the Orange County Fair. It was the first time either of us have gone in years and we had lots of fun.

These were the highlights of our evening:

  • visiting the petting zoo/livestock pens (We saw a lot of baby animals - cuteness overload!)
  • the California rare fruits exhibit - I never knew our state grew so many different varieties of avocados!
  • the marketplace and outdoor vendors selling everything from animals carved out of stone to fancy hats
  • eating ridiculously unhealthy but delicious fair food (He had a deep fried Twinkie and I had a deep fried Snickers bar.)
  • winning prizes by playing carnival games
  • people watching
  • seeing other animals, including bulls that towered over me and a huge alligator!

My absolute favorite part of the evening was petting all the goats. I'm not sure if keeping goats as pets is legal in my city, but now I really want one. :)

I hope you're all having an amazing summer too. Can you believe that today is the first day of August? Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...