A couple of days ago, Lucas and I managed to cross off one item on my summer list: go to the Orange County Fair. It was the first time either of us have gone in years and we had lots of fun.
These were the highlights of our evening:
- visiting the petting zoo/livestock pens (We saw a lot of baby animals - cuteness overload!)
- the California rare fruits exhibit - I never knew our state grew so many different varieties of avocados!
- the marketplace and outdoor vendors selling everything from animals carved out of stone to fancy hats
- eating ridiculously unhealthy but delicious fair food (He had a deep fried Twinkie and I had a deep fried Snickers bar.)
- winning prizes by playing carnival games
- people watching
- seeing other animals, including bulls that towered over me and a huge alligator!
My absolute favorite part of the evening was petting all the goats. I'm not sure if keeping goats as pets is legal in my city, but now I really want one. :)
I hope you're all having an amazing summer too. Can you believe that today is the first day of August? Wow!