20 October 2011

Awkward and Awesome 10.20.11


Awkward:
  • I'm sure everyone can relate to this: not hearing what someone told you the first - or the second - time and not wanting to look like an idiot by saying "What?" over and over again. I still have no idea what my professor said to me. It must have been something good though, because he seemed pretty happy.
  • Speaking of "happy," the cashier at Del Taco kind of creeped me out. It's one thing to be enthusiastic about your job. It's a completely different matter to constantly have a wide, fake smile on your face. ::shudder::
  • And here's something that other personal style bloggers can relate to: getting strange looks while taking outfit photos. I took my last outfit pictures right next to the gate at my grandma's apartment complex. I got plenty of stares from senior citizens and their visiting families. One nice old man did tell me that he liked the bright, cheerful colors I was wearing though.

Awesome:
  • My fourteen-year old brother is currently reading To Kill a Mockingbird in school. I managed to convince him to trade his gorgeous hardcover edition for my old, beat up copy from high school? How did I convince him? I pointed out that my copy has copious passages highlighted. :)
  • I made a lot of progress on my Black Swan costume this week. Now I just need to add embellishments to my skirt and find a tiara.
  • Oreo ice cream cake for my mom's birthday yesterday. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...