10 August 2012

50 Facts About Me

Dear Readers,

Just for fun, here are fifty (yes, fifty!) random facts about me.
Enjoy!

1) I was born in the Philippines and I moved to the U.S. when I was two years old.
2) My dad has thirteen brothers and sisters. Needless to say, I have a humongous family. 
3) Even though I live in Southern California (apparently the land of "perfect weather"), I prefer rainy or overcast days.
4) I never liked wearing heels until I started college.
5) I love Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Indian, and Persian food.
6) I studied English at University.
7) I almost never wear pants these days - with the exception of sweats or yoga pants for workouts/lounge wear.
8) I am a Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor.
9) Up until I was ten years old, almost all of my friends were boys.
10) My favorite hot dog toppings are sauerkraut, grilled onions, and mustard.
11) I have never and will never smoke a cigarette.
12) When I was in seventh grade, I won a silver medal singing Christina Aguilera's "I Turn to You" with my best friend.
13) I don't like ranch dressing, ketchup, or white chocolate.
14) I can hear Disneyland fireworks going off every night from where I live.
15) I'd been in musical theatre all the way up until the end of high school. I still miss it.
16) I never feel like I'm fully dressed unless my bra and underwear match.
17) I got my driver's license on August 8th, 2008...888. My mom said I was lucky I passed. :)
18) I have a thing for men with beards.
19) I can spend hours inside Barnes & Noble.
20) Pandas are my favorite animal.
21) I saw "Gladiator" and "Star Wars: Episode III" on their opening days.
22) I enjoy blowing bubbles.
23) I love going on hikes in the forest and mountains.
24) I did color guard from sophomore to senior year in high school. I made co-captain during my second semester and full captain junior and senior years.
25) I also did winter drumline during my junior year. I played Bass 1 not because I could play as well as the snares, but because I was the only girl and Bass 1 was the only drum I could carry.
26) ...I can't read music.
27) Even though I'll never express it on my blog, I curse like a sailor, especially when I'm driving.
28) Lifehouse is my favorite band.
29) I can speak Tagalog even though my pronunciation isn't that great. I also took three years of Latin in high school, which was useless because all the teacher did was let us watch movies.
30) I can skateboard. (No tricks though!)
31) My favorite place I've ever visited is Alaska. I would love to go there again someday.
32) I don't like anything grape flavored...except for grapes.
33) My favorite musicals are "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," "Phantom of the Opera," and "Sweeney Todd."
34) I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do "when I grow up."
35) I'm terrible at math. Luckily I only had to take one math class in college.
36) I love the Science Channel. I used to love the History Channel, before it become crapified.
37) I had long hair until 2009 when "Twilight" came out and I fell in love with Ashley Greene's Alice Cullen hair.
38) I love classical and big band music.
39) I have a fake name that I give to creepy guys at clubs and bars. It's Isabella, which is also the name that my parents almost gave me.
40) Crime documentaries fascinate me.
41) My favorite dessert is green tea tempura ice cream.
42) One of my biggest pet peeves is being interrupted while reading.
43) The smell of sunscreen will forever remind me of band camp.
44) My favorite things to shop for are hair accessories.
45) Astronomy and physics fascinate me...even though I can't understand most of it.
46) My favorite Shakespearean play is "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
47) I think women should wear hats more often.
48) I prefer cold showers, even in winter.
49) One of my life goals is to eat a macaron in Paris.
50) I love mojitos and Guinness mixed with Blue Moon...but not all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...