07 August 2012

Pixel Me Pretty

My life in photos 7.23.12 - 8.05.12. See more of my Instagram photos here.


You might remember seeing the original version of this photo from this post. I was playing around with the different filters and effects on Pixlr-o-matic and I came up with this super simple, yet neat edit. It reminds of dancing with glow sticks at clubs with my best friend. And yes, that does say "sexy" because, well, we are. Hehe.


This photo of me and Lucas had been stored on my phone for over a year. Once again, I was bored and I decided to try out the filters on Pixlr-o-matic. Call you tell that I really love the ombre trend?


Just in case you were wondering, yes, I can cook a little. This was a meal that Lucas and I prepared one night: garlic seasoned pork chops, mashed potatoes, veggies, and crescent rolls. Yum!


There are always lots of inspiration to be found in Anthropologie's catalogs. I love the unique geometric necklace that was featured on the cover. Anthropologie is always one of my favorite stores to browse while shopping.


Speaking of shopping, I have always and will always love Forever 21. I think the one at South Coast Plaza is my absolute favorite. Why? One, because it's HUGE. Two, because they have the best selection of jewelry I have ever seen. And three...just look at this sparkly display at the checkout counter! This is glamorous.


Lucas and I made a date out of our visit to South Coast Plaza. It's always fun to come hear to people watch and gawk at the super expensive and often unpronounceable shops they have here. What's really neat about this mall is that there's a bridge that takes you to the other side, which has even more shops and places to explore. We crossed this bridge to walk over to Barnes and Noble. By the way, the bridge - and the entire mall, really - look amazing during the holidays. Even on this ordinary August evening, I enjoyed the view.


Here is a photo of what I spoiled myself with during our visit to South Coast Plaza. I found two adorable necklaces at Forever 21 and this beautiful edition of the three Brontë sisters' novels. I'd say I did pretty well. :)


I am so in love with this gorgeous book. Admittedly, I have never read Agnes Grey, but I love Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. I got the Jane Austen Seven Novels edition last Christmas and I'm very happy to add the Brontë sisters edition to my collection. One of my goals in life is to collect beautiful editions of all my favorite books.


Here are the two necklaces that I found at Forever 21. Since I simply couldn't choose between my two favorite colors, I ended up leaving the store with both of these cute lace covered bottle pendants. 


So how else have I been spending my time? I spent hours designing a new blog header to match my new profile picture. If you've been following me for a while, I'm sure you've noticed that I have a habit of changing my blog around quite often. I hope it doesn't bother you too much! That said, I'm very happy with how my blog looks now, so I think I'll keep this design for a while. :)

1 comment:

  1. I also noticed that sparkly display at F21. I'm currently plotting on ways to recreate it for some fun home art.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...