23 November 2012

Style Post - Thanksgiving 2012 Edition

It seems as though every time I take an unintentionally long break from blogging, my very next post begins with an apology to all of my readers for abandoning all of you for so long. This post, of course, is no different. So once again, I'm sorry that I haven't been updating this blog as often as I should. I hope you all still find me interesting and I sincerely thank all of you who have stuck around. ;)

That being said, let's move on to this mini-Style Post, shall we?


This is what I wore this year for Thanksgiving. Both of my parents usually work on Thanksgiving and this year was no different. Luke's grandparents are always kind enough to invite me over for dinner for major holidays and other little "just because" get-togethers.

So about this dress...Have you ever fallen head over heels in love with something - whether it's a dress or a piece of jewelry, or anything really - that's out of your price range? Did you ever repeatedly "visit" this item, wishing and yearning and hoping that maybe one day it would go on sale? As obsessive as that may sound, that's exactly what I did with this bird print dress from Anthropologie. Starting at the beginning of last summer, every time I went into the store, I couldn't help but admire this feminine and playful dress. I never actually tried it on though because I knew that doing so would have made me want this unobtainable dress even more. (And yes, I am quite aware of how crazy that makes me sound.) To make a long story short, I finally found this dress on sale around the beginning of October. There were only three left in the store - a 0, 6, and 12. I usually wear a size 6, but I discovered that this dress runs a little large once I finally tried it on. Such a small problem seemed rather trivial to me, considering how much I LOVED it. And the rest, they say, is history.


Does my hair look any different from you, apart from being longer? Lately, I've been obsessed with trying to find the perfect shade of chocolate brown to dye my naturally black hair. Right now, my hair is a dark mahogany brown. I plan on going lighter until I find the perfect brunette shade for me. Wish me luck!


Speaking of the perfect shade, this is what my nails look like this week. Revlon Teak Rose is officially my favorite nail polish color ever. Remember this post from last year? I know that Revlon also makes a lipstick in this color, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. :(


To add a little bit more playfulness to my Thanksgiving outfit, I wore this cute little bee ring. As much as I love sparkly jewelry, I can never resist whimsical pieces like this.


And just for good measure, here's a detail photo of my bird print dress. LOVE!

Outfit Details:
Bird Print Dress: Anthropologie. Navy Ruffled Cardigan: Abercrombie and Fitch. Black Flats: Report. Bee Ring: Claire's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...