02 December 2012

November Recap

It's funny how quickly time flies now that I'm older. (Haha. I sound like an old lady, don't I?) It seems like it was just yesterday I was putting together my October Recap post. I mentioned before that November is probably my favorite month of the year. Even though I didn't take the time to blog about these events as they happened, here they are: the highlights of my November!


Yes, Election Day. While I do care about politics (I'm a proud Democrat, by the way), I was beyond relieved when this day was over. For one thing, I despised watching political ads on TV and listening to them on the radio. I also hated logging on to Facebook and seeing pointless debates going back and forth between people who hardly knew what they were talking about. Despite the extreme annoyance that Election Day brought upon me, I was quite happy with the results. I promise I won't get any more political than this on my blog, but I do support President Obama. :)


I know what you must be thinking: "But Gayle! Breast Cancer Awareness Month was in October!" I know, I know. Despite being a month late, I couldn't resist these fabulous pink items from Target. I purchased this adorable glittery pink clutch/wallet, a Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in "Smitten", and a Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in "Berry Smoothie." The lip butters are my absolute favorite drug store makeup items ever. I own 5 or 6 of them - yes, I'm just a little bit obsessed. Haha. I think I'm wearing "Raspberry Pie" in this photo. 


This lakeside date was one of my favorite moments of November. One day, I sat down with Lucas and said something to the effect of, "You know, a lot of our friends do things like work out together and stuff. You and I eat and sit on the couch watching TV." He responded by suggesting we take a walk around the lake and watch the sunset. (Who said couch potatoes can't be romantic?) 


Another awesome November memory is from when Faustina and I - along with some friends old and new - had dinner and went dancing in Downtown Fullerton. I don't want to brag, but I'd also say that this was the night I perfected my new signature "going out" hairstyle: loose curls pinned to one side. Interestingly though, I have my hair in the exact same style in my profile picture. My hair just happens to be long enough now to make this style not look like an updo.


This month's Disneyland trip was quite interesting. Everything was already decorated for the holidays, which was the good news. The bad news was that we went a couple of days before Thanksgiving. It was so crowded that we only went on two rides before we decided to go home. And here's something else that's kind of random: We saw Mitt Romney. Lucas and I joked that this was the first time we ever saw a famous person at Disneyland and it wasn't even anyone cool.


Thanksgiving! I'll be brief here since I already have a Thanksgiving Style Post. I will say this though: It's already the first week of December and I still want more turkey and crescent rolls and pumpkin pie!


Speaking of food, feast your eyes on this glorious display of meat! Faustina had free tickets to The Laugh Factory in Long Beach. After watching a very funny show with her, we were starving. It was already around 11:30-ish by the time the show ended, but we still managed to find great food at a Korean BBQ restaurant that stayed open until 1 AM. Note the picture on the bottom right. Yes, those are giant slabs of bacon.


We celebrated the last night of November by having dinner at a Turkish restaurant and going to a club in Anaheim. (I hope you don't think that all I do is eat and dance!) I recently rediscovered this high waisted peplum pencil skirt in my closet and it has quickly become my new favorite wardrobe staple. For this night of dancing, I paired this fairly conservative skirt with a sheer lace top and a black lace bra. I'm thinking that this outfit would also be great for family parties too if I wore a tank top instead of just a bra under the lace. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...